Sunday, March 24, 2013

Downward Dog Day

     Sunday Workout
Yoga 1.5 hours

     Spring break comes to a sad end. On the bright side this morning was Yoga with my favorite yoga teacher Rick Neumann. He is awesome and really caters to each student's needs. This morning he knew I was pretty tight in the hip flexors so he did a lot of openers. We did some great core work at the end. Cyclists tend to work a lot with the front muscles leaving the glutes weak and the body prone to injury. I am finding that yoga has helped my glutes immensely.

     I threw all of the ingredients for rice pudding in the crock-pot before I left for yoga this morning.
4 cups of cooked rice
4 cups of skim milk
4 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of coconut
1 cup of coconut milk
     I cooked it on high for 2 hours and when I got home it was done, and pretty delicious. For dinner I threw in some whole wheat tortillas, avocados, grilled onions and bell peppers, cheese, rice, and enchilada sauce. Still waiting to see how that turns out but it is smelling great. Did I mention how much I love my slow cooker?

     Tomorrow it is back to the grind. I am ready for my commute and possible rain. I turned my lunch box into kind of a pannier and I am working and carrying less stuff. 
Recovering after endless downward dogs

   

No comments:

Post a Comment