Saturday, March 23, 2013

IT Band = Stretching and Ice

Saturday Workout
Planks - handstands - crunches - 30 minute walk     


      Stretch, stretch, stretch!!! A great website that I use to give me a little direction is www.doyogawithme.com the yoga videos are all free and you can choose from different levels and lengths of time. Besides stretching I roll all along the band with a potato and ice for twenty minutes.

     I started cycling because I could no longer run. Once the wind started up I realized that I am not immune to IT issues on the bike. I could feel the instant my naughty little band tightened, bummer. When I first started having IT band pain I did not know it was the band and this is common. If you experience knee discomfort or hip discomfort stretch your glutes. I spent hours stretching my quads because I thought they were tight.

     What this means for the coming week? slower pedaling, lots of ice, and lots of yoga.

     On a bright note, I am making crock-pot rice pudding tonight. I will post the recipe tomorrow if it turns out good! Looking forward to in class yoga tomorrow.

     A few months ago I went riding and figured I would take a picture. This is what I thought I looked like.
Niki Gudex
     This is what I actually looked like.........I was a tad disappointed the whole month :)

Me (January)

No comments:

Post a Comment