Sunday, March 31, 2013

Recap of Holy Week

     Holy week was not as holy as it normally is around the streets of Costa Rica. The past years the streets were empty and the town was like a ghost town. One morning I had the pleasure of riding with a huge full moon.
Moon behind the tree
     I enjoyed riding to work on Friday because the roads were almost empty and I was able to sail down the hills without worrying about crazy drivers.
Good Friday
     The wind was a killer this week and Thursday and Friday's ride was a struggle. I had to stop doing my handstands every night because I was getting spasms in my back. This has led to an overhaul of my strengthening exercises. If I stick with just cycling I see no difference. This week I lost two pounds and I had added core work and upper body work.

     This week in the crock-pot
Pineapple upside down cake - The cake was delicious, easy, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Pumpkin with honey - A traditional dessert in Latin America made with a block of cane sugar and pumpkin.
Wind-beaten

No comments:

Post a Comment